The CYMGRD software is a substation grounding grid design and analysis program specially developed to help engineers optimize the design of new grids and reinforce existing grids, of any shape, by virtue of easy to use, built-in danger point evaluation facilities.
User-friendly data entry, efficient analysis algorithms and powerful graphical facilities make the CYMGRD software an efficient tool that helps the engineer arrive at technically sound and economical designs.
- Ground Analysis
- Electrode and Conductor Sizing
- Grounding System Analysis
- Finite element analysis of the ground grid conductors and rods
- Computation of the station ground resistance (Rg) and the Ground Potential Rise (GPR)
- Step voltage analysis
- Safety assessment calculations for maximum permissible touch and step voltages as per IEEE 80™ 2000
- DC component of asymmetrical fault current taken into account in the computations
- Color-coding of the surface potential gradients based on user-defined thresholds for touch or surface potentials. Any area of the grid can be selected with the mouse for detailed calculations and danger point evaluation
- Electrode analysis for the optimal sizing of conductors and rods based on the most common type of electrode material as per IEEE 80™ 2000 and IEEE 837™ 2002
- Supports symmetrical or asymmetrical grids of any shape
- Ability to model return electrodes and distinct electrodes
- Ability to model concrete encased rods
- Computation of maximum allowable single phase to ground fault current for a specified grid
- Graphics of touch and step voltage variation along any straight line, with comparison to the safe values computed by the safety assessment module
- Touch and surface potential analysis, inside and outside the grid perimeter, with color display in 2D or 3D representation
- The CYMGRD / AutoCAD® Interface module The CYMGRD / AutoCAD® Interface module allows the user to alternate between the AutoCAD® and the CYMGRD environments.